Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Back from Korea

I got back from Korea late last night. Had a great conference there. It was wonderful to be a participant instead of a speaker once in a while. Made many new friends from all parts of East Asia and the lectures by Marva Dawn were so good! She is a true testimony to living the life she preaches! She is much frailer that I had expected, though. I know, from reading her books, that she has at least three handicaps but I also found out that she has other problems as well - like her very low blood pressure. In fact, during one of the mornings when she spoke, she looked like she was going to black out a few times and she had to stop momentarily to regain her strength. Her husband, Myron, is also a true testimony to the kind of lover we are all called to be. He's always by her side to support her and in his quiet gentle ways portray so vividly the picture of unconditional love.

The schedule of the conference was very packed and I did not get to see much of Seoul (the city is 2 hours away from the university where the event was held). We did have an outing to see some landmarks in Seoul but we just didn't have the time to do much. Was looking forward to buying some high quality seaweeds for snacking but things in Korea are very expensive. Overall, it was a good and memorable trip. I was glad to be back to my dear husband after 5 days. Can't write too much this time as I've only a few days to prepare for my work trip to Bacolod Philippines on Sunday and there's still much to do. Following are some pixs from Korea.

No comments: