Saturday, June 30, 2007

To be 60

I arrived home late last night from Phuket. It was good to be back after being away for five days for non-work related activities. I think I am ready for the busy weeks ahead. The time-off was enjoyable while it lasted. So here are some pictures from my trip.


The view is from the balcony of the apartment we were staying at. The right one was taken after my one-hour pampering massage!

Anyway, today is my mom's 60th birthday! I am thankful to God that she came to know Christ eight years ago and has been a faithful follower since. She is an amazing woman and truly an instrument of God - even way before she is Christian. It was her, 30 years ago, who suggested my aunt bring me along to church (Sunday School) where the seed of the gospel was sown (and harvested years later). Today, she's a prayer warrior and an evangelist. A woman of quiet perseverance and strength.

Anyhow, my sister is in town again for the Great Singapore Sale - just in time to beat the 2% increase of GST. Tomorrow, the new tax rate of 7% kicks in! Ahh... we love Singapore!

No comments: