Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Holiday in Penang

I got home from the Philippines on Thursday evening and had to immediately pack for our holiday in Penang, Malaysia, the next morning. My time in Bacolod was wonderful - our host was very gracious and the various groups we worked with were equally hospitable. For those who were praying for me, thank you! I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have a migraine after my first session as I typically would after teaching. Response to the evening meeting on sexuality was very encouraging - more than 200 high school kids and young adults turned up (some with their parents!) and many asked very good questions.

Brian and I left for Penang early Friday morning. Thankfully our room was available for us to check in by the time we got in. The resort we stayed at was nice though I was expecting a little more for the price we paid. Nonetheless, we had a good time catching up with some of my friends from university days. We also had the chance to hang out with mycousin Kaye who is now based in Penang.

We spent most of our time at the beach and by the pool but did get to visit the Botanical Garden where monkeys are known to run wild. When we arrived there, we found some of them sitting on the electric cable above our heads! Some of them even had a baby clinging on to them as they swung swiftly from one tree/cable to another.

Back at the beach, we managed to do some para-sailing. It was pretty cool as both of us went up together. However, due to the wind direction, we nearly had a crash landing! It was a lot of fun. As is the case for all holidays, we now need another few days of rest to recover from our holiday!

No comments: