Thursday, December 27, 2007

Low-key Christmas

Christmas was especially low-key for us this year. As we're still recovering from our travels and Brian is still battling his Cambodian-stomach, we decided we'll just veg at home and watch tv. Unlike last year when my mom and sister visited and I cooked up a traditional (American) Xmas feast (ham, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, etc), this year we had instant ramen and salad. There weren't many boxes under the tree either as we decided to keep it simple (read: frugal) since Brian is going back to school as a full-time student next year.

What was fun was how we were able to do web-cam conferencing with Brian's family in Maryland via Skype. It was really nice to be able to see everyone and be a part of the festivities there vicariously.

While many are winding down at work at this time of the year, I've got one more conference to teach at tomorrow. Last few days saw me busy putting my presentation together.

For those of you who do not know, Brian is a bibliographer. He keeps a comprehensive database of all the books we own (in the thousands) and the books we'd love to have. He has an incredible memory, too, when it comes to authors and titles of books. I remember how I used to call him when I'm at a bookstore and we'd play this game where I'll name him the title of a book and he'd give me the name of the author. He gets
it correct 99% of the time!

Anyhow, on this database that he has, he'd list the title, author/contributors, publisher, etc of the book. This week, he informed me, I've made it onto his list! I contributed a chapter to a book published by Thomas Nelson and we got our copy yesterday. Since I'm one of the writers, my name would be on the "Brian Thomas List"! I'm thrilled to see my chapter in print and it feels so unreal to be contributing to a book alongside giants like Alister McGrath, Ravi Zacharia
s and John Lennox!

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with a pix of my bibliogra
pher!

No comments: