Sunday, March 2, 2008

Staring right back at ya!

It's a sight I sort of grew up with - so it's hardly noticeable for me but not so for those who grew up on fillet (head-less pieces of boneless fish meat) like Brian. We were shopping at the fresh food section of the grocery store here the other day when he, in passing, remarked that in the US one would never see fish's head being displayed for sale like in Asia. It's true and I think his mom would scream if she saw those eyes staring back at her from the freezer shelf. For our friends and relatives in the US, we thought you may like to see it for yourself, hence we snapped the following. Fish heads, anyone??? Other than making cultural comparisons, we've been busy with various things. Brian has been busy with his doctoral research as well as getting ready to teach a class on Apologetics at Singapore's Biblical Graduates' School of Theology. This is the second time he's teaching there and this year he's scheduled to teach two semesters. He's quite excited to be able to do so again.

I've been keeping up with various projects at work. I haven't traveled since we returned from our CNY trip - has been a treat to be home for a stretch. But this week I travel to Malaysia to speak to students at the renowned University of Malaya - oldest university in Malaysia. I'm looking forward to it. The meeting is on Friday and we plan to travel to see my parents again over the weekend. Brian has to teach on Thursday evening - hence he'll join me in Malaysia on Friday afternoon before we travel to Ipoh with my sister on Saturday. I'm looking froward to the visit but I'm not looking forward to the week after our return as I've quite a few speaking engagements that I'm still not quite prepared for - this means, much burning of the midnight oil then!

Meanwhile, have a good week ahead!

No comments: