Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And baby makes three

Most of you who read this blog would know by now that Brian and I are parents. I am seven weeks and three days along in my pregnancy. It still feels surreal sometimes that I have a human person growing inside of me but reality kicks in in the form of extreme exhaustion and intense hunger pangs.

It is predictable what the first questions are when someone finds out that I'm pregnant and I'll spare you the inquiry:

Anyone:
Oh, how far along are you?
Me:
Seven weeks and counting!

Anyone:
Any morning sickness?
Me:
No, I don't think so, except for the occasional nausea.

Anyone:
Any cravings?
Me:
I'm not sure if you'd consider them cravings but I'm always hungry for something! I guess, you could say that I'm craving for food, in general!

Brian reports that I also do not have radical mood swings (good for him!) and things have been rather smooth so far. There have been moments of anxiety and uncertainty but the awareness and reminder that this child is a blessing from God assures us that even now, the life of our little one is in his hands.
*Disclaimer: Belly in picture is NOT mine!!! :)

2 comments:

SATheologies said...

Hey, that's a great news!! Congratulations to you both!

:)

Oldyonfoldy said...

Used that pic of the pink belly in my worship slide last Sunday - to depict the Lord's blessing upon us :)

Ah Boy