1) Visit with Grandpa J and Grandma V in Williamsburg, VA.
2) Visit the the G's in Charlotte, NC.
3) Visit with Nana and Pop Pop in MD.
4) My brief work trip to San Francisco where I witnessed a gang/mob fight!
5) Hand, foot and mouth disease outbreak at C's creche upon our return to Singapore ...
As I write this I'm still basking in the lingering pleasant recollection of my visit to Turkey after having left the country ten years and three months ago (I left on September 11 itself!). Much has changed and the city I used to live in has developed beyond my recognition. Besides savoring the sweet memories of my life back then, I also made sure I reacquainted with my favorite Turkish culinary offerings - from sweet sesame paste pizza (Bursa tahinli pide) to fiery Iskender kebap. Photos of my trip will be up soon...
Another significance of my trip was that it was the longest I was away from Craig - ten days! Needless to say we missed each other terribly (notice I say, "we" as he's now old enough to express his feelings clearly). But thanks to modern technology we were able to "hang out" virtually and at practically no cost. But nothing beats the first squeeze-hug and slobbered kiss I got when I arrived home. Here are some screen shots of our "conversations":