Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Therapeutic "potting"

I am lagging way behind in keeping ya'll posted on what's been happening with us. I shall do so in my next entry next week - I promise! Meanwhile, I want to quickly log this in before I forget.

As I am writing this, my body is exhausted from both travel and battle - against a sinus infection. The infection started a day before Thanksgiving (last Thursday). I'm on antibiotics now and hopefully it'll clear up soon.

We travel to Manila today for a few days to teach at a training conference. It has been crazy arriving home from the US late Monday night and then leaving again today. C'est la vie! Would you please pray for us?

Anyway, getting to the point of this log - the plants on our balcony have flourished much since last month. Some are overgrowing their pots. So, despite my lethargic body, I decided to re-pot some of them onto larger pots. To my surprise, I found the chore quite relaxing. I've hardly considered myself one with the green thumb but the little gardening, well, okay, "potting," that I did this morning was really soothing to my soul. I experienced one of those "transcendent" moments where words are not enough to describe the delightful but fleeting joy. What mirth! I guess such were the moments that CS Lewis and GK Chesterton frequently referred to in their writings.

In view of the nature of the experience, I have no doubt but to recognize that God is the source of all such pleasures...

No comments: