Saturday, November 3, 2007

Cold in Cabos

We are into our fifth day here in Mexico and jetlag is finally hitting me. It is presently 4am and I am blogging in the bathroom of my hotel room so that I won't wake Brian up. I have been up since 2:51 am and have not been able to go back to sleep.

Our flight here was quite brutal. The first leg was not bad at all - Sg to Hong Kong. But the flight from HK to LAX was quite uncomfortable (very limited legroom) and hence it felt like forever. It was a full flight and we were assigned the two most middle seats with stranger passengers on our left and right. You can imagine how inconvenient it was to get up to go to the bathroom. I guess it all boils down to the fact that we have been so spoilt by Singapore Airlines that flying any other (especially American airlines!) is tortuous. From the hot towels they hand you upon boarding to the movies they screen - it is just not the same. A friend aptly remarked that flying Singapore Airlines makes one an air-travel snob - and I think she's right as I already detect one in Brian! "Where's my Singapore Girl???" he kept asking!!! Well, one gets for what one pays for!

We were quite glad when we finally landed in LAX. When we finally arrived in Los Cabos after another 2-hour flight from LA, we were so exhausted and so ready for the reputed Hilton mattresses. We checked into our luxurious room, ordered a simple room-service meal and immediately hit the sack.

The next day, after breakfast, I could not help but go back to sleep as my cold finally arrived in full force. I slept the whole of the first day we were here in this beautiful beach resort - can you imagine that???!!! Brian, fortunately, got to explore the area and would come back to report to me his discoveries during the few moments when I got out of bed for water or food. I feel better now but still have a bad cough. Pray for me, will you?

Oh, I also received news from my office that my laptop is alright. It was merely attacked by virus - it has been revived - so I am thankful that I have not lost my all data!

The RZIM conference we are here for officially started yesterday (Friday) and ends on Sunday afternoon when we will head to visit LA for a week. It's going good so far - catching up with colleagues and all... I just wished that we're not here for work so that we can really enjoy the beach and resort. Well, we do have a long break in the program this afternoon and maybe we'll go down to the pool. The weather here is glorious - warm and sunny but dry - so it's very comfortable. The food of course is great since it's Mexican. We're lapping up all that we missed in the last year!

Meanwhile, we will keep you all posted on our trip... Adios!


View from our room - seriously!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, your view reminds me of a cross between HLC Phuket n some Anman resort! Cheers to your boss, a well deserving break ;-) mlc

Anonymous said...

I hope you are well and have a good break later.