Monday, June 22, 2009

Solo across the Pacific and back

I, I'Ching, was supposed to arrive home by Saturday 11:55 pm. That meant I would get to spend half a day on Sunday with my mom and sister (who was visiting for a day) before they leave for Malaysia. But the plane I was scheduled to fly on had mechanical problems at O'Hare airport. So, the flight was delayed for five hours. That meant I would miss my connecting flight in Tokyo. By the time we were finally airborne, we were almost seven hours behind schedule! Needless to say, I missed my connecting flight in Narita and had to stay a night in Tokyo. I was so frustrated throughout. I finally arrived home to the big gummy smiles of Craig at 7 pm on Sunday. Took me almost two days to travel from Chicago to Singapore! Unbelievable! But, I am thankful that I'm finally home.

I cannot believe that the dreaded week is finally over. I had a very good week in Chicago, though. The conference where I spoke at went really well and I made a lot of new friends. Also managed to squeeze in some shopping time but mostly for baby stuff - like sippy cups, booster seat, etc. These items are twice the price if we were to buy them in Singapore.

Craig and daddy did really well with PohPoh as well. He was wonderfully easy throughout the week and I know that PohPoh will miss him dearly as he totally stole her heart! He is laughing and smiling so much nowadays. PohPoh insists that the pleasant disposition comes from his dad...hmm...
Craig looks like he's SO ready for bed:
With GrandAunt Karen:
I was planning to celebrate Brian's first Father's Day with a nice meal out but alas, United Airlines ruined my plan. We will try to make that up sometime this week.

Now that my major assignment in the US is over, I am counting down to my SAHM days which begins on July 1. It will be an interesting transition for me. Though I will not be on full-time employment with RZIM during the coming 12 months, I will nonetheless fulfill the local speaking invitations I received prior. I do look forward to being able to travel to Malaysia to see my parents with C more frequently. Meanwhile, I need to get over my jetlag...

No comments: