Monday, January 18, 2010

"Surprise!"

Over the weekend, I, I'Ching, went on an overnight trip to Kuala Lumpur (KL) to surprise my sister on her birthday which fell on Sunday. Brian, the wonderful husband that he is, stayed back in Singapore with Craig. After all, Saturday is Daddy day. I caught the earliest coach to KL to meet my parents who were also traveling there to celebrate my sister's birthday. Was she surprised? YES! But she admitted that when she saw me walking out the station with mom and dad, she was half-expecting a white man with a baby in his arms following. But alas...

On the day's agenda were ice-cream cake and seafood dinner which saw us feasting on finger-lickin' delish crabs and drunken shrimps. Instead of posting characterless pictures of the sumptuous dinner, I will leave you with pictures of what we ate in their pre-wok state to tickle your imagination!

Most Chinese seafood restaurants display their live crustaceans and fish as evidence to their freshness:
No, none of these potential princes were selected for our dinner table:
A closer look at these cute creatures before they board the culinary express:

No comments: