Saturday, May 2, 2009

Personal space

It has been exactly a week since Brian's mom went home and we are really thankful that her visit took place before the outbreak of the swine flu (pardon my political incorrectness for referring to it that way) gained profile. If not, her travel would be so much more complicated.
Out and about showing Nana around the city:
Now that Craig is almost 12 weeks old, it is also almost time for me to return to work. Just when I am beginning to enjoy my maternity leave with my son, it is time to go back to work. I cannot believe that it has been almost 3 months - in some ways the time has just sped by, and in other ways, it seems like it has been forever since we fell in love with the little chap.
A favorite recent shot of him - I love his grown-up expression!
He achieved yet another milestone this week - we moved him back to his own room 4 nights ago. He has been sleeping in his crib placed in our room since day one and this week we decided that it is time he (and we!) has his personal space. Now that he has gotten into a night time routine pretty much (goes to bed at 8pm, wakes for a dreamfeed at 3am and then sleeps till 7am), we figured that it would be better for all three of us if he goes back to his own room. I think all of us sleep better now. We are so proud of our little boy as, all things considered, he is a pretty easy-going baby. Well, grant us some allowance to be optimistic (versus realistic!) since we are first-time parents as  we hope things stay that way...

No comments: