Sunday, May 10, 2009

Separation anxiety

It is Mother's Day today and guess what I found on the kitchen counter top when I woke up at 3 am to give Craig his bottle? A bunch of lilies! It's C's Mother's Day gift for his mommy! (How sweet, daddy!) I cannot wait till I receive a "real" gift from C. Later in the day, I received various text messages wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. It is wonderful and strange at the same time to be receiving Mother's Day wishes.  
As we celebrate Mother's Day today, it's also my last day of maternity leave. Tomorrow I go back to work. While we have childcare lined up, it does not start till June. Hence, for the next few weeks, Brian will take time off from his research and care for C when I am at work. I have been dreading going back to work for weeks now as I think of the many hours I will be away from my little boy. Tomorrow will be the first time we will be apart for more than 6 hours straight! I will miss him so much. But is is also good to know that he will be with daddy as opposed to a stranger caretaker. Daddy will need all the prayers he can get for the next few weeks!

Meanwhile, Craig's better gift to his mom today is his 3-hour long nap (still sleeping while I'm posting this)! His naps are still so erratic. They are typically short (20 minutes on the dot!) and when he does sleep past the 45-minute mark, he will go on to sleep for at least 2 hours. We are VERY thankful that he sleeps well at night, though.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Happy Mother's Day! We'll be praying for you and Dad tomorrow...